Xiaomi Mi Max, a giant 6.44 inch phablet by Xiaomi is going to get a successor soon. Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is expected to be released in May. Some of its specifications have leaked online.
According to a post on chinese social microblogging website, Weibo, Xiaomi may launch a successor of Xiaomi Mi Max. This phablet will be dubbed Xiaomi Mi Max 2. It is interesting to note that this phone will retain the gigantic 6.44 inch screen size. Here’s a screenshot of the post which according to various authentic sources (Source1, Source2) was first spotted by AndroidPure. The post was originally written in chinese and has been translated by some translator (maybe google translate). However the translation is not perfect, but we can still draw certain inferences from this post:
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 will continue to use 6.44 inch large screen.
- This phablet will come with a 6 GB RAM and 128 GB built in storage.
- Mi Max 2 will feature a powerful Snapdragon 660 processor.
- Battery capacity has been increased to 5000 mAh with fast charging support.
- There might be some differences in design when compared to Mi Max but the body will still be metallic.
- Due to big screen, extra battery life and a Snapdragon 660 SoC, Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is expected to be costlier than its predecessor.
- As per this post, Xiaomi Mi Max 2 will be launched in May.
This is a very initial report regarding Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and is based just on rumour. We shall update the actual specifications, price, release date and everything you need to know about this phablet once it is launched. Till then, stay connected!