Now delhi high court have ordered WhatsApp to delete all user information collected previously. Also they WhatsApp has been directed to alter the ‘terms an condions’ & policy involving collection of user data and sharing on Facebook.
Whatsapp on their website said about information that they share with facebook. That included mobile noumber, profile picture, profile status & profile name.
Any messsage, photos or videos you send via whatsapp are totally private. In no way they wil be shared into facebook, where someone else could get access to them.
And there is no compulsion to agree to this policy change. Users can opt out this change as well, says WhatsApp.
Now WhatsApp could approach court and challenge this descision of delhi high court.
How to know whether your your WhatsApp details have been shared with Facebook? And How you can opt out of “WhatsApp policy change” of sharing WhatsApp information with Facebook?
Just follow the steps given below:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the menu button on the top right corner (three dots).
- Tap the ‘settings’ menu item.
- Tap the ‘Account’ list item.
- If the ‘Share my account info’ is checked, tap to uncheck it.
- Now You will see a dialog box asking if you don’t want to share your information, tap the ‘Don’t Share’ Buttton.
That’s it. Now WhatsApp won’t share your personal information with Facebook. If you found this useful, don’t forget to share with your friends.