Unified Payments Interface or UPI is a way to pay using UPI apps. Here is all you need to know about how to pay using UPI apps using your smarphone.
If you are confused about what unified payments interface is, here I will end it forever. Unified payments interface also called UPI is system of payments. Using unified payments interface, people can transact using their smartphones.
To pay using this system called unified payments interface, you need 2 important things.
- Bank Account
Both of these are very important to pay using UPI. Now I will tell you step by step how you can pay using unified payments interface (UPI). Also I will give you a list of banks that support unified payments interface system of transactions.
Thanks to demonitization that people are rapidly adopting new and advanced methods of payments. To carry day-to-day life, financial transactions are a must. And to fulfil that need UPI apps comes to our rescue.
We need UPI apps in our smartphones to carry out transactions using unified payments interface. These apps are freely available in app stores.
Here Is How To Pay Using UPI Apps
- Download the UPI app.
- Register using your bank account number or your phone number.
- Set a VPA for yourself. VPA (Virtual Private Address) is a unique address which identifies a UPI user.
- Generate a 4-6 digit mpin which will be used to validate all the transactions.
- Once set up, you can send or receive payments using mobile number, VPA or using bank account number. Using phone number or VPA are very convinient as compared to Bank account where you need to enter bank details like IFSC etc.
Here is a list of all the Unified payments interface (UPI) apps currently available for smartphones.
1. SBI Pay: Android
4. Axis Pay UPI App: Android
5. Union Bank UPI App: Android
6. PNB UPI: Android
7. PhonePe: Android
8. Canara Bank UPI – eMpower: Android
9. United UPI: Android
10. Andhra Bank ONE – UPI App: Android
11. UCO UPI: Android
12. Bank of Maharashtra – Maha UPI: Android
13. Vijaya UPI: Android
14. South Indian Bank – SIB M-Pay (UPI Pay): Android
15. KBL SMARTz (UPI): Android
16. OBC UPI PSP: Android
17. UPI Bank Transfer with Friends: Android
18. DCB Bank UPI App: Android
19. Lotza – UPI: Android
20. TranZapp – UPI: Android
21. CSB UPI: Android
If you still have any questions about making payments using UPI apps, ask them in comments below. I will get back to you as soon as possible.