With increase in use of internet, YouTube has become a part of life. YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world after Google. In this post you will learn how to start a YouTube channel.People spend hours watching videos on YouTube. Those videos you watch on youtube are contributed by different creators. YouTube pays them each time you watch a video on YouTube.
This is a beginners guide for how to start a YouTube channel
In India YouTube craze is also growing rapidly. You can see teenagers nowadays making different types of videos and uploading them to YouTube. You might have watched those prank videos on YouTube. Unboxing videos, animal videos and many different kinds are there. Creators spend a lot of time making quality content for their channels.
There are youtubers who earn millions just by uploading videos on YouTube. If you think you too have such skills and can make some video content. You are good to go.
Here is how to set up a YouTube channel
- Create a Google Account. If you already have it. You can use that to log into YouTube.
- Once you login, you can start uploading videos from the same account.
- But if you want to create a seperate channel with a different name, you can add more channels as well.
- Go to Account Settings > Overview.
- Click on Create a new channel.
- Type the channel name and selet the category.
- Check on I Agree and click Done.
- You have successfully created a YouTube channel.
Now you have a YouTube channel. But before you start publishing your videos, there are some important things to do. You have to give a finishing touch to your channel appearence, so it looks good and viewers remember your brand.
For that, add a good LOGO. Add a channel art that is attractive. It gives your viewers a nice impression about your channel. Also add a good description about your channel. It help YouTube to serve your videos to those who are searching for them.
Now your YouTube channel is ready to have some awesome videos. But what if you upload videos and nobody watches them?
Definitely that would be a great dissappointment. This is the reason many beginners quit very early without knowing how YouTube works. Every creator wants his/her videos to be watched. Making a video and uploading it to YouTube is the one part of the story. The other part is getting views on that video.
There are mainly two ways to get views to your YouTube videos. First, having a lots of following on your social media profiles, that whatever you share gets the views. But its very obvious no beginner has such a folllowing when he/she is just starting.
So here are my 5 useful tips for new YouTubers to get views on their YouTube videos
- The first and the most important rule I follow while making YouTube videos is : Give them what they want. What is that? It means make a video that people are looking for. Why would people spend time and data to watch a video that doesnt quench their needs? Except you are a celebrity, nobody would watch your random videos. But once you know what people are searching for. Your videos have a chance of getting high ranking in YouTube search results. An interesting thing is the YouTube algorigthm. If a viewer, after watching your video leaves a comment, likes your video or subscribes to your channel, YouTube ranks your video higher. So don’t be shy to ask for a like, comment or subscribe in your videos. YouTube feels your content is useful to its users. But if your videos are not of a good quality or are decptive, meaning if you have written a title for clickbait, people will dislike that video, taking down the ranking of that video. Ultimately that video will get wept out of the compitition.
- Writing self selling titles are an important and also a wise technique. But this doesnt mean to deceive viewers. You have to write what content is all about in your video. But in a very compelling way that makes viewers very curious to know what’s inside your video.
- Thumbnails also play a great role in attracting viewers to watch your videos. More attractive thumbnails, more are the chances of people prefering to click your videos over other suggestions.
- You might have heard about tags. Tags are those keywords that people search for while looking out for content on internet. So it is important we give proper tags to our videos according to the content which is inside.
- Discription of a video is also very important deciding factor for youtube. Your video discription gives YouTube an idea what your title is about. It increases meaning to the title.
If you keep all these things in mind while uploading your videos, your videos will rank higher in YouTube and you will get more views on your videos. All these tips are technically called SEO. SEO means search engine optimisation. This helps YouTube to find and display best videos to a ‘search querry’ result.
Adding to these I have one more tip for you. Try to reply all your comments as fast as possible. This builds trust and credibility.