Earlier, Gmail users were able to send money to people via Google Wallet. But this feature was available only on Gmail Desktop Site. But now users can send money using gmail app for Android.
The feature is coming to gmail app but for now the feature will be available only on Android app, not iOS.
How to send Money Using Gmail Android App
- Tap on the attach button which we normally use to send a photo, video or a document with mail.
- Now you will see an extra option to attach money.
- Enter The Amount.
- Tap on Send.
It is quite interesting to note that the recipients don’t require a gmail address for this to work. The payments can be sent to their bank accounts directly.
The feature is completely free to use for both sender as well as receiver. But! you need to wait if you don’t live in US.
Yes, unfortunately the option is available only for US users for now. But we hope they launch it in other countries in the near future.
For those who didn’t know how to send money using Gmail Desktop site, here’s the procedure
(This answer is provided by Google Support)
- Open Gmail.
- Click the Compose button.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to send money to.
- Add a subject and message text (optional).
- Click the $ icon (£ for UK users).
- If you don’t have Google Wallet yet, you’ll be asked to set up your account.
- To send money: Enter the amount you want to send and choose a funding source.
- To request money: Click Request at the top of the box, and enter the amount you’d like to request.
- Click Attach.
- Look over your message one more time and click Send
Although, this cashless payment option looks cool & easy to use but unfortunately most of the people around the world need to wait for this to be available in their countries.
So, what’s your favourite cashless payment option? Would you love to send money using Gmail app? Do tell us in the comments below!