Under its Digital India Initiative, Govt. Of India has launched an android app for Haj Application and Payments. The Haj App has been launched by Haj Comitte of Of India and was introduced by Minister of Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
This post will show you how to download and use this Haj App to apply for Haj 2017. Also I shall provide you a detailed working and review of this app and the haj application process using this app.
How to Download and Install Haj App
To download Haj App:
- Go to Google Play.
- Search for ‘Haj Committee of India‘ or Visit this link to directly download the haj app.
Click on Install and wait for the app to downlaod.
Once Installed you can use this app to apply for haj online.
How To Use Haj App To Register Online
- Open the Haj Committee of India app.
- Click on Apply For Haj
- Click on New User? to create your account.
- Enter Your Details which include Your Name, Mobile Number & Email Address.
- Set a password.
- Verify your password.
- Select State & District.
- Check on “I have read/understood the guidelines and payment terms and conditions for Haj 2017.”
- Click on Register.
- Submit OTP sent to your mobile number.
How To Apply For Haj 2017 Using Haj app For Android?
- Login to your account.
- Select your category (A -70+, B-4th timer/5th timer, General).
- Choose number on adults & number of infants.
Note : You can select a maximum of 5 adults and 2 infants.
- Select your preferred accomodation among GREEN-RAS & AZIZYA-RAS.
- Click Next.
- Enter personal details of each pilgrim. These include name, gender, DOB, passport number, place of issue, date of issue and date of expiry.
Note: Details may vary for different categories.
- Click on Final Submit.
Now follow up with the on screen instructions to complete filling online haj application form using android haj app.
Review of Haj Comittee of India Haj App
Although the process of Haj application has been simplified by this app but I personally felt something still missing in this app. While applying for Haj I found that this app is not 100% efficient. There are still some technical deficiencies. Since, this app is just launched we hope that they do some work to make it more efficient.
Here are 2 major problems I faced during application process:
- After entering all the details of two pilgrims, I found that the app calculated the Date of Birth incorrectly for one of the two pilgrims.
- After Entering the details while submitting the details the app didn’t respond. Even if there was an error I should get an error message but unfortunately I didn’t get any kind of notification.