Aadhaar Payment App Introduced. Where to Download and How to use it. Here is all you need to know about making payments using aadhaar.
Government of India introduced idea of aadhaar payment app on 25 December 2016. This post will tell you where to download the app and how to use this aadhaar payment app to make cashless transactions.
Government of India has launched much awaited app which will use AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System). Using this app merchants can start accepting payments using just aadhaar number of the customers.
One of the much waited cashless payment app is going to be officially launched by PM Modi himself. Yes, PM Modi will launch Aadhaar Pay app on the eve of Ambedkar Jayanti i.e, on 14 April 2017 (For more information, read our post about BHIM-Aadhaar).
BHIM-Aadhaar will enable merchants accept cashless payments from customers without need of cards or e-wallets. The payments will be authorised by customer’s bio-metrics like fingerprint. The transactions shall be cashless, card-less and pin-less!
The amount will be debited from the customer’s aadhaar linked bank account and credited to merchant’s aadhaar linked bank account.
Where to download Aadhaar Payment App
Like BHIM app, which all of us downloaded immediately once it was released, the same won’t be the case with Aadhaar pay app. If you are one of those who want to download aadhaar pay app, you may ask yourself, “Why you want to download it?”
There is no reason for you to download any such app unless you are a merchant who wants to accept aadhaar-enabled payments.
For merchants who need to accept payments need to contact their respective banks and see if they support aadhaar pay app interface. They will help you with the setup which includes a mobile app and a fingerprint scanner.
In case aadhaar pay was made available on playstore, we will add the link here.
How to use Aadhaar Payment App?
- Get the App.
- If you are a merchant, login with your aadhaar number.
- Validate the aadhaar using your fingerprint.
- Now to accept payment from a customer, click on Aadhaar Pay.
- Enter customer’s Aadhaar number.
- Enter Customer’s bank name and amount to be paid.
- Select ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- Validate the transaction using customer’s fingerprint.
- After successful authorisation, the amount will be transferred from customer’s bank account to merchant’s bank account.
Watch this video to know more about using aadhaar payment app.
- To pay using aadhaar payment app, merchant needs a smartphone connected to a bio-metric scanner. If your phone has an inbuilt fingerprint sensor then you may not require an external fingerprint sensor.
- The bank accounts of both merchant and the customer need to be linked with aadhaar to make aadhaar enabled payments.
Have any more questions about making payments using aadhaar pay app? Please comment them below. We shall respond back to your queries as soon as possible.