Aadhaar card is becoming extremely important these days. Now even payment systems are being linked with Aadhaar. So having a correct and updated aadhaar card is a necessity. Know how you can make aadhaar card correction or update your aadhaar details be it change of address or anything else.
Your Aadhaar card is not just another identity card. Aadhaar card is much more than that. With the rise of cashless transactions in India, Government will soon introduce a payment system which helps people to make payments using Aadhaar bio-metric data. Although Aadhaar Enabled Payment system is already present in the form of Micro ATM’s but not being used at a level to be noticed. But the future is different. To know more, READ: Aadhaar Enabled Payment System: How to make payments using Aadhaar.
So, now you know how much important your Aadhaar might prove to be in the near future. Now just grab your Aadhaar card and check if you have all the details mentioned correctly. Check your name, your address, your date of birth and all other details.
If you have found any mistake in your aadhaar data or you came here to find out the ways to make aadhaar card correction. Let me show you three methods which you can use to update your aadhaar card details or make any kind of correction.
#Method 1 – Online
Let me start with the most easy method to initiate your aadhaar card correction procedure. You can directly request any correction or update for your aadhaar data by filling update form on the official website of UIDAI.
- Visit uidai.gov.in
- Click on Update Aadhaar Details (Online)
- You will see this screen:
- At the bottom of screen, you can read “To submit your update/correction request online please click here”. Press that link which says “click here” (highlighted in red in the screenshot above).
- Enter your aadhaar number to login in. You will need to verify this by OTP sent to your mobile number.
- Once you have logged in you can submit your aadhaar data correction request.
- Now you need to upload support your documents and follow the steps to get your aadhaar card correction done online!
#Method 2 – Request Aadhaar Card Correction through Post
- Download the Aadhaar Data Update Form By Clicking Here.
- Fill the form with your updated details.
- Send the form to:
UIDAI, Post Box no. 1, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001.
UIDAI, Post Box no. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034.
#Method 3 – By Visiting Permanent Enrolment Centres (PECs)
You can visit your nearest PEC to update your aadhaar details or make any aadhaar related correction. Also note that the bio-metric data can only be updated at PEC. To update your Aadhaar data and/or bio-metric details you shall be charge Rs 15 at PEC.
Hope this post was helpful to you. If you still have any doubts about making aadhaar card correction, you can ask in the comments below. Don’t forget to share this post.